web 2.0

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Too much of a good thing

Controversial as it may sound too much dieting is not good for you. Apart from the obvious stress of trying to watch the calories, diets can damage your pockets by forcing you to buy things that you do not want or need. You should be looking for natural ways of controlling your weight rather than always relying on the diet to deliver the answers that are so elusive to you. There are plenty of other alternatives that can help you to lose weight in a responsible and healthy manner.
First of you all you supplement your diet with fruit, vegetables and seeds which form a rather good option but will not add to much fat to the one that is already hanging onto your body. These foods are ironically available to the people who need them but instead they choose to feast on burgers and hope that a quick diet will heal them of their predicament.

I remember the days when I too was a keen dieter and kept all sorts of strange records of everything that I did. I would look at food and get a sick feeling because I knew that I was forbidden from tasting it. Whenever someone invited me out for a meal, I would immediately starting thinking about all those horrible calories that would befall me if I as much as decided to eat more that I was allowed to. This is a very unhealthy attitude to food and the moment that you get an opportunity you will end up over indulging and causing yourself more problems than solutions. Food is meant to be enjoyed and life is not all about having the right diet. It is important that we all remember this important adage.

Water is one of those things that we take for granted yet it can be a great help when you are trying to control your weight. You should incorporate water into your diet because it makes you feel healthier and costs much less than some of the other heralded remedies that you might be tempted to undergo. I would add a word of warning to the effect that too much water can reduce your mineral levels to dangerous depths that can seriously harm your health. Therefore you should exercise some discretion as you decide to go for the water route. At the same time I would urge people to ensure that they do not take water that is contaminated. Try to get bottled water and if that is not possible then ensure that you boil whatever you drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment